While still searching for a valuable internship for this summer I came across the Merrow Sewing Machine Company. Admittedly, I have never heard of them before, and if I had, I forgot (considering I’m not part of their target audience this is understandable). However, after reviewing their website and reading some of their blog posts, I have realized how reputable this brand actually is.
In order to be the best it is wise to learn from and work with the best. This is why I have decided to apply to such an influential brand in their respective industry.
Owen and Charlie Merrow – I have put together a list of the top 10 reasons why you should look no further on your intern search:
- I will get the job done by any means necessary
- I play well with dogs (Proof: My last internship had two dogs as well and there were no bites or bruises – I’d get along with Sable & Pilot just fine)
- I am extremely interested in branding and am continuously learning about all aspects of marketing (Proof: This blog, daily check of Ads of the World.com, currently enrolled in Hubspot’s Inbound Marketing University)
- Creative: the most commonly used word others use in describing me
- I took 5 years of French in high school (per free translation.com: Je me souviens de quelque français)
- I have a strong desire to be the best; at everything
- The amount of energy I exude is not the result of energy drinks
- I have proven I can handle a large amount of responsibility (Proof: Spring 2010 semester included 5 group projects out of 6 courses and I achieved my first 4.0 semester)
- I have a lot of experience and skill in time management (Proof: Last summer I experienced smooth sailing during two simultaneous internships, working at Panera Bread, two summer courses, and AMA responsibilities)
- Have you Googled “Merrow” lately? Try it out…look around.
Just so anyone reading this understands, I sent my resume and cover letter to Mr. Owen Merrow tonight and directed them to my blog for further insight into who I am. I’m trying something different, and I hope they like it. Stay tuned and I’ll let you know how it turns out.
(Note – if you are not located in RI or MA, #10 on the list will not work for you, but it will for the Merrows)